Saturday, January 31, 2009

First Snow in 2009

Snow is nothing new, but it is always amazing to see it when it first comes in major quantities. From the beginning of January, we have only had 2 to 3 days of above freezing temperatures. Then Jan 27th and 28th came and dumped close to 8 inches of snow and ice. I ended up spending both days at home working right next to Angela and Rachel.



Even though the snow is nice a pretty, it does cause several problems. 1) Cabin fever, 2) Blocked driveways and 3) more Cabin fever. I ended up shoveling our driveway several times to keep the snow from piling up and blocking us in. Several neighbors did not do this and ended up getting their cars stuck. Myself and several others helped get these people unstuck. I think they will shovel next time. Did you know that 1200 people a year die from shovelling snow? I believe it, because it made me extremely tired!

Also, Molly ended up falling down the back porch stairs because the ice made it so slick. So I ended up breaking it all up so she can go do her business.

More snow is planned for Monday Feb 2. but hopefully, it won't be as bad. Until next time!



1 comment:

Sarah said...

So pretty! I see your new camera came! Greg, Malcolm is also learning the joys of shoveling snow, though he only does our sidewalk and porch, not the driveway. Great blog entry! Hope you don't get tons more snow, at least not until this round melts off a little.